I found this site well before I purchased my personal camera and found it by far the most useful. It broke down all the technical jargon, asked me to reflect on my photography skills and then gave me a self-scoring quiz to do. Based on my score it suggested several cameras that would meet my needs. I eventually bought one from the list it suggested and have never wished for more features nor did I feel I over-purchased.
I used it again when I was looking to purchase a class set of cameras for my school.
There is a lot of great information on this site and it is very easy to follow. What camera did you end of getting and what style did you use to help you choose? I'm guessing one you picked was landscape.
ReplyDeleteI ended up buying a Nikon D90. It had all the functions I wanted to learn and play with easily accessible without having to go into menus to play with. From reading the site too I realized that I wanted to get something in the higher end range as a one time purchase and over time start purchasing lenses for it. The D90 has lasting power (max megapixels and Nikon's proven performance over time). I did definitely choose Landscape but also Macro photography. I have yet to get a macro lens or extension tubes to really delve deep in to macro photography yet.
ReplyDelete